Friday, April 10, 2009

tid bits

1. A few years back, I saw a homeless man in NYC who was holding a sign that said 'need money for beer', so I gave him a dollar.
2. I have a fairly positive outlook on life, most of the time. Though I have my days, I am only human..
3. In a mere 21 years, I've lived in 27 houses, in 9 states, and on 1 island.
4. I'm meeting with a transplant team in March to get the ball rolling on a double lung transplant, though I have no idea if it's really what I want.
5. My parents raised me on a vegetarian diet, and I've no complaints.
6. I've never felt settled in a place, nor do I really feel at home anywhere, yet.
7. I love to love, whether it be another person, or life, or an experience.
8. I enjoy going to museums. And planetariums.
9. I've always been on the quieter side of the spectrum, though I too have a spunky side ; )
10. There's a special place in my heart for spontaneity. How boring and monotonous life would be without it.
11. I'm terrified and fascinated by the ocean. It's so huge and unfathomable. Sometimes, when I'm feeling overwhelmed, it helps me put things into perspective.
12. I have a fear of fish, though I've no idea where it generated from. That said, I enjoy fishing...?
13. I'd like to spend an entire day eating croissants and drinking champagne.
14. I'd like to travel the globe, on a whim. Just me and a backpack and a comfy pair of shoes. And maybe a travel buddy. : )
15. Sometimes I have to write out my thoughts just to figure out what's going on in my own head. It helps me sort through the jumble.
16. I love to dance. Or move. Or just shimmy around. But there's something to be said about just being s t i l l.
17. I enjoy getting lost in a good book, though I'm always a bit disappointed when I reach the end.
18. Some days I'd rather sit back and listen to my friends than participate in their conversations. They're fascinating people.
19. I went through a fairly reckless stage, and while I wouldn't do it again, I think it helped me get my head on a bit straighter.
20. I feel I'm at my most vulnerable when I'm in the hospital, both physically and mentally.
21. That said, I wouldn't change having a chronic illness. I would just advance science 50 years and cross my fingers for a cure. ; )
22. I enjoy getting lost in nature. Some days all I need is a good adventure in the woods.
23. Now that I'm back in the northeast, I appreciate the slower pace of the south. And the sweet tea..
24. This year, I'd like to work on my hula hooping skills. I suppose that's my tentative, belated new year's resolution.
25. I'd like to think that I won't do this again for awhile, it's unnecessary spending this much time thinking about myself. I'm not even all that interesting. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment