Saturday, January 2, 2010

Today ... is not my best day. I've made it from one end of the house, to the kitchen, then to the other end. Bouncing from a bed to a couch, to a chair, to another couch. I've got a trail of pillows and blankets following me around, and a little pup who's wondering why her couch is occupied, and why she hasn't been fed..

I don't always mind days like this, though. I push myself a bit too hard at times, and sometimes it takes my body shutting down for me to remember to take it easy, that my lungs are the most important thing to take care of, and that everything I want to do can wait until tomorrow, or the next day. Life will happen in time, and I've got to learn to be patient.

Now to sip on my warm cup of vanilla ginger chai, and watch old Tom Hanks romantic comedies. What a perfect, albeit lazy, winter evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment