Monday, May 23, 2011

I never realized how extensive a process it is to get my life back in balance.
CF has slowly crept into every pocket of my mind and overwhelmed my world.
I woke up today and decided, with a firm affirmation, that that was not alright.

Then, with renewed spirit and morning hair, I turned on an old Feist song that had brightened my mood so many times in the past, and I ate a bowl of cereal.

Decidedly, lung diseases are best shown their place by consuming mass quantities (three bowls!!!) of Honey Bunches of Oats (with pecan bunches).

And with every mark I make in my road atlas, and every note I write to myself about what to pack for the trip, CF slowly fades into the background, a faint protest of 'Don't ignore me!' and 'Insecurity is your friend!' becoming mere squeaks of my mechanical pencil as I erase and rewrite the route of choice from Wyoming to Colorado.

This summer is a metamorphosis. I'm not a sick girl. I'm a girl on a mission to get my little blue car to the west coast and back.

No lung problems or bad attitudes allowed in this clubhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment